PDA

View Full Version : Questions on WQ modelling in ICM

Thuy
June 5, 2015, 08:56 AM
I am a beginner and I have 2 questions:
Q1. In WQ module (1D), we can simulate attached BOD (BOA), detrital carbon and suspended sediment concentration. BOA is characterized by potential factor which is time variation. I don't know how to determine the potential factor. Additionally, I don't know the linkages between BOA, detrital carbon and sediment transport and how these relationships are simulated in ICM.
Q2. At the same location, we can have break nodes and sections in ICM while nodes and sections are the same in RS. I don't know why in ICM break nodes needs to be different from sections and how they (break nodes and sections) are used in calculations. When I check the values of WQ variables at the upstream location, the TS of WQ variables at the section are the same with the input time series but the ones at the break node are different from the input.

I hope someone can help me to answer these questions soon.

Thank you in advance.

Thuy

Patrick Moore
June 25, 2015, 09:17 AM
Thuy,

I am asking our Forum moderator to move this post to the wastewater side as ICM users are more often viewing posts there and may have better insights for you since this post has not had any responses yet.

Thank you!

Innovyze Support
Patrick Moore

Thuy
June 26, 2015, 01:34 AM
Hi Patrick,

It is fine for me. Thank you for your suggestion.
I hope someone can help me to answer these questions soon.

Best regards,
Thuy