PDA

View Full Version : Editing user defined flag

Lub
July 2, 2014, 09:39 PM
Hi,
can you help me in finding how to edit the flag name from the user defined flag tools. I need to change the existing flag name to a new one.

Duncan Kitts
July 9, 2014, 02:05 AM
If this is in ICM, go to File-Master Database Settings-User Defined Flags and add your new flag with the new name. Then go to Tools-Find and Replace flags and use the wizard to replace the existing flag with the new one. You can then delete the existing flag.

Lub
July 9, 2014, 02:12 AM
Thank you Sir. I am a beginer in Infoworks. Sorry for the ignorance. The terminology ICM is new to me. Can you tell what it is? . I am using Infoworks CS 13.5 version.

Duncan Kitts
July 9, 2014, 02:29 AM
ICM is another of our modelling packages. See http://www.innovyze.com/products/infoworks_icm/ for more details. Unfortunately the find and replace tool does not exist in InfoWorks CS.

One potential way to replace the flags in IWCS would be as follows:-

Create your new flag in your existing database
Export the network to CSV, make sure you choose the option to export to the same file.
Use Excel or similar to do a Find and Replace on your existing flag name and replace with the new flag name. Save the csv file.
Use the Network-Update from CSV tool to reimport the updated csv file. This should replace the existing flagh with your updated flag.

Lub
July 9, 2014, 02:52 AM
Okay. Thanks. I will try this :)

ACarlisle
August 17, 2017, 06:27 AM
Somehow all of my data flags have disappeared from InfoWorks ICM; both the Flag Types I specified in the data flag window, as well as, all data flags references in the grid windows for nodes, links, and subcatchments. I do have a data flag definition .CSV file generated from CS 13.5 before bringing the model up to ICM, but cannot figure out how to reimport them. I doubt this is the solution because the individual flag references within the data are gone. I checked numerous older versions of the network (which I KNOW had flags) and all flag references are gone as well. Has anybody seen this before?

ACarlisle
August 17, 2017, 07:43 AM
Okay... solved the problem.

There are some big changes between CS and ICM and I couldn't find the "User Defined Flags..." dialogue box under File/Master Database Settings. So the problem originated when I copied my network from one master database to a new one. This was necessary because we had some new user(s) working in other parts of the model and we don't allow multiple users within one database as we have had problems in the past. So my first step after generating a new master database SHOULD have been to import the data flag definitions from a CSV file I created. Then I would have been able to simply "open another master database..." from the file menu and copy the items directly. Instead I had not loaded the flags and when I went to the grids / flag window, everything appeared to be gone... but they weren't. As soon as I loaded the flags, all of the attribute fields within the grid windows repopulated with my original flags... and no discrepancies that I can tell.

I did try two ways:
1) copy networks, etc. without first defining flags and then importing flags - AND -
2) defining flags first.

There appears to be no difference in the end result.