PDA

View Full Version : InfoSewer - flow split and non-existent force mains

Ikatz
May 28, 2014, 10:23 AM
Two items I was hoping someone has had experience with and could help out:

1) every new FM I create when running steady-state is coming back with an error message of "invalid split-flow configuration for given force-main". I have no split flow configurations set up and they are simple FM's going from WW to pump to chamber and discharging into a manhole.

2) I am getting a number of "undefined node" error messages for FM's. When I search for their ID they show up but can't be clicked on or located. I can't seem to find them in the model at all and am not sure they exist or where the model is pulling them from.

Thanks in advance!

Robert Dickinson
May 29, 2014, 03:13 AM
Hello Ikatz,

I suspect your two questions are related

1) every new FM I create when running steady-state is coming back with an error message of "invalid split-flow configuration for given force-main". I have no split flow configurations set up and they are simple FM's going from WW to pump to chamber and discharging into a manhole. If you do not use the advanced force main option in Run Manager for EPS you are restricted as to having your force mains split into two or more force mains. You cannot have a force main splitting into two force mains in the steady state solution. If you send your MXD file and IEDB folder to support@innovyze.com we can look at your steady state model.

2) I am getting a number of "undefined node" error messages for FM's. When I search for their ID they show up but can't be clicked on or located. I can't seem to find them in the model at all and am not sure they exist or where the model is pulling them from. These nodes are probably not active. Try using the command Update Map from DB for all Nodes, turn on show undefined elements in Tools/Preferences and if they are active use Facility Manager to make them active.

Regards,
Bob Dickinson

The image at the bottom shows the rules for Force Mains in InfoSewer and H2OMap Sewer:

1. Gravity Main
2. Wet Well
3. Pump
4. Chamber Manhole
5. Force Main if you have many force mains the node BETWEEN two force mains has to be a Chamber Manhole
a. The error messages for this are now rigorously enforced and they may not have been in past versions

6. Loading Manhole
7. Gravity Main

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-g6PRrquX5Jk/UruQoIQZDbI/AAAAAAAAEyg/qZLXeTJpRfU/s1600/image003-768459.png (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-g6PRrquX5Jk/UruQoIQZDbI/AAAAAAAAEyg/qZLXeTJpRfU/s1600/image003-768459.png)