PDA

View Full Version : Real Time Data Connection

Tom_Mcconnell
April 9, 2014, 02:47 AM
Hi

I have a infowater version 10.0 calibration model with Real Time Data Connection to text files with pressure data linked to nodes. When I send the model to a colleague the Real Time Data text file link is broken even when the file paths and Directory for the text file is identical. The Real Time Data connection needs to be manually connected at each node everytime the model is opened. All the link information is stored in Dbeditor table Node Real Time database connection under advance applications but infowater does not recognise the information.

Please could some confirm if there is a way to automatically reconnect all the Real Time Data connection if the link has been broken or model transfered to another computer.

Many Thanks

Tom

Shawn Huang
April 14, 2014, 08:08 AM
Tom,

First, could you please tell me the version/update number of your InfoWater 10.0? Then, I wanted to confirm with you that the text file was copied to your coworker's machine with the same file path.

Thanks,

Shawn

Tom_Mcconnell
April 14, 2014, 09:02 AM
Hi Shawn

I am using Infowater 10 version 2. The text files where located on the same server with the same server address as within the Advanced Application Data Real time node data connections, but when the model was opened the link with the txt files was broken and I had to relink all the text files. I can send you a copy of the model and text files.

Regards

Tom

Tom,

First, could you please tell me the version/update number of your InfoWater 10.0? Then, I wanted to confirm with you that the text file was copied to your coworker's machine with the same file path.

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn Huang
April 14, 2014, 09:07 AM
Tom,

I think the problem might be due to the network path. Does the file path include "\\servername"? You can zip up the model and the text file, and send it over to support@innovyze.com.

Thanks,
Shawn