Thread: Depth Monitor Verification

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Depth Monitor Verification

Hello,

I am currently working on the verification of a small combined sewer catchment in Infoworks ICM. I am trying to create observed vs predicted graphs for the level in the pump station. I have an incoming sewer going to a storage node and have two outgoing rising mains representing duty/assist pump arrangement. (see image attached) When I do the observed vs predicted report I add a selection list with the storage node. However, the node does not appear when I try to match it to the depth monitor. I can graph the depth vs time separately for observed and predicted but I want them on the same graph for comparison purposes.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Many thanks,

Gearoid

Pump Station.JPG

Gearoid,

I have always used a dummy link (weir, flap valve, sluice etc) to compare the predicted depths on that link object to the observed, not a point object.

Hope this helps.
    Scott

Hi Gearoid,

Thanks for posting this question.
    Observed / Predicted Reports allows you to do verification in links. Try to plot the US or DS levels of links connected to that node, instead of the node itself. You should then be able to compare with data in an observed event and select the link label defined in the profile properties - check the following figure:
    Capture.JPG

More advanced tools to do verification are available with the use of Time Series Databases (TSDB). TSDB are the state-of-art to store observed data and then you can assign it to any model object with TVD connectors. For further information about TSBDs, check this link:
    http://www.innovyze.com/products/icm_tsdb/

The node will appear if you do level verification. Suggest that you convert the depth into water levels in the node by adding its invert level. The verification plot you could get is the predicted levels against the monitored levels.
    Regards
    Lei

Quote Originally Posted by Gearoid O Sullivan View Post
    Hello,

I am currently working on the verification of a small combined sewer catchment in Infoworks ICM. I am trying to create observed vs predicted graphs for the level in the pump station. I have an incoming sewer going to a storage node and have two outgoing rising mains representing duty/assist pump arrangement. (see image attached) When I do the observed vs predicted report I add a selection list with the storage node. However, the node does not appear when I try to match it to the depth monitor. I can graph the depth vs time separately for observed and predicted but I want them on the same graph for comparison purposes.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Many thanks,

Gearoid

Pump Station.JPG