Thread: Scenarios

Scenarios

Hi,
    Looking for some assistance in setting up scenarios in my model. What appears to be a fairly simple task has caused me a fair bit of frustration! Gone through the help files, the tutorials and even the few available videos on this topic and nothing really seems to work the way I want it too.

Basically want to set up 3 scenarios:
    • Calibrated conditions
    • Existing Conditions + added new development areas
    • Full Build-out - everything with ICI and residential

-My main issues are trying to make features inactive in one scenario and active in the other scenarios. Intelli-Selection seems like it should do the trick but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I would appreciate it if someone could provide some assistance and maybe direct me to a good resource to help. Maybe its the way the relationships (Parent/Child) need to be set up.
    Thanks

I've been asking for that sort of functionality in ICM for some time, but it hasn't happened so far!

I thought the help was clear about this subject, Shawn and it is easy to set up scenarios in InfoSWMM and have inactive and active elements. Perhaps if you send us the model to support@innovyze.com we can further help you. I do have a blog here about this matter
    https://swmm5.org/2017/08/06/scenari...d-infoswmm-sa/

This option is similar with the "Active Network" option, but differs in that the
    Intelli-Selection remembers the *active* facility set when the scenario was first
    activated and reinstates that facility set every time the scenario is activated.
    Network elements can be activated or inactivated from the scenario with the Activate
    Elements ( ) and Deactivate Elements ( ) tools available from the Edit Network Toolbar
    Facility Toolbar
    2017-12-25_1203.png
    Last edited by InnovyzeRobert; December 25, 2017 at 10:08 AM. Reason: add

Innovyze Employee

Hello Shawn,
    One more blog that may help you can be found here
    https://swmm5.org/2018/01/07/how-to-...d-infoswmm_sa/
    Regards,
    Bob Dickinson

Thanks Bob. I think I have my scenarios figured out. I appreciate the information and the links.