Thread: Symbolize Pumping Stations Pumps

Symbolize Pumping Stations Pumps

Hi,
    Is there a way to symbolize the pump in a station that turns on last? My model typically has two pumps set at different depths. I would like to show on a map the locations where the pump set to the highest depth has turned on.
    Thanks.

Healz,

So essentially you are looking to symbolize where your pumping stations are acting in Duty / Assist mode? Why not just theme the assist pumps when flow is >0 m3/s.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Healz View Post
    Hi,
    Is there a way to symbolize the pump in a station that turns on last? My model typically has two pumps set at different depths. I would like to show on a map the locations where the pump set to the highest depth has turned on.
    Thanks.
    Hello Shawn,
    You can do this using either a DB Query with a Query Set for Pump on and off elevations.
    Regards,
    Bob Dickinson
    Innovyze Inc.

2nd Comment -
    It might be easier to have a flag for the 2nd pump and then use a DB Query based on the flag and whether the pump with the flag (in the pump information table) is on or turned on for the whole simulation. You can use an Output Relate for the Pump Summary table to find out those pumps that turned on at any time during the simulation.
    Last edited by InnovyzeRobert; December 25, 2017 at 10:17 AM.

Hi,

You can use this SQL to see which pump is the last one in your model that turns on: SELECT LATEST(IIF(tsr.pmpstate>0,tsr.pmpstate,null))

Hope it helps!

Sorry, can I write an SQL statement in InfoSWMM? Can't find where I can do this?

Innovyze Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Healz View Post
    Sorry, can I write an SQL statement in InfoSWMM? Can't find where I can do this?
    We only have SQL as part of the Arc Map Attribute table or you can use a DB Query to combine your two rules using an output relate. if I remember you ONLY want to see if a pump turns on for the highest on depth during the simulation. A DB Query based on the highest on depth with an Output Relate based on the Pump Summary table should work for you. The output relate will have the number pump turn ons for each pump. I will send you and example.

Thanks Robert.