Thread: Updating pipe geometries in InfoSWMM

Updating pipe geometries in InfoSWMM

Sorry to revive this old thread, but how do I do this, update pipe length, though infoswmm? The option under the attributes is greyed out of me.

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

I went ahead and made a new post from your questions as it appeared different than the original one posted to.

Quick questions

1) Are you using the GIS gateway or the Import manager or something else to update pipe geometries?
    2) What version of InfoSWMM are you running? (InfoSWMM -> Help-> about InfoSWMM menu)

Patrick Moore

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Edwardo,

If using the GIS gateway you need to check the following

1) Update cluster setup - Make sure to have it as an update cluster and to update the geometry as shown
    (click if need larger image)
    InfoSWMM_GIS gateway Update1A.jpg
    2) When you run the update cluster make sure to close the GIS gateway and tell ArcGIS to refresh the drawing and the pipes will reflect the changes in the gateway
    InfoSWMM_GIS gateway Update1B.jpg

Once you have ArcGIS refresh the screen the pipe geometry shows as updated: This seems to be the key step in InfoSWMM 14.5 update 9 as geometry updates are generally automatically done in InfoWater GIS gateway without this step.
    InfoSWMM_GIS gateway Update2.jpg

As you can see the pipe geometry now shows as it was updated. It appears that the map was updated, but the drawing did not refresh right away.
    NOTE: if you zoom in or out after closing the GIS gateway ArcGIS will also refresh and the pipe changes will be seen as well.

Let us know if you have any further questions on this issue.

Patrick Moore

Patrick,

Thank you for your response.

I am using InfoSWMM Suite 13.0 SP1, Update #7.

I was able update the pipe lengths following the steps that you outlined.