Thread: Failure History Data - InfoMaster

Failure History Data - InfoMaster

New user here trying to sort my way through the software. I have been stuck on LOF for Failure History Data - am I understanding that this has to be a point file of failures which are assigned to closest assets? We have breaks and leaks data, much of which has already been assigned to a particular asset, some of which needs to be assigned to all assets nearby, and some of which needs to be assigned to the closest asset. If I perform this work outside of Infomaster would I need to add the total counts to my netwoprk file for it to be usable? Thanks

Forum Moderator

Innovyze Employee

Hello Will,

If you have an active Annual Maintenance with your software I recommend you forward your inquiry to support@innovyze.com as a WebEx may help resolve your questions the fastest.

Patrick Moore

Hi Will,
    When using an outside Failure History point layer, InfoMaster simply associates the points to each asset based on a spatial search within the search distance specified. The final score is assigned according whatever field you select inside the failure point layer (taking the highest score if multiple failures are assigned to each asset). This is an easy-but-messy method of doing things.
    Alternately you can import the layer as Service Requests or Work Orders to have more options, such as associating the count of failures per pipe.
    If you're happy doing analysis outside of InfoMaster, then do your joining work, import it as a field in the Gravity Main facility table (or whatever layer you're doing analysis on), and use the Failure History COF tool with the Facility Table option.
    I hope that answers your questions.
    -Nathan Gerdts