Thread: InfoSWMM GIS import and units

InfoSWMM GIS import and units

I was building my model by importing (manholes, pipes, outfall and catchments) by GIS gateway; but unfortunately was not completed well, I actually can see the attribute in DB Editor but cannot see the network even I did zoom extend and checked the zoom well? what do you recommend? are you to post on youtube example !!The second issue is the unit conversion; so if for example the exported length for pipes was in "m" but your input is shown "ft" ?!!so; why we can change the output unit and we cannot change the input? why always "for example" the length is in feet? I would work all input and out put in same units; even the DB table shows unit feet.

Innovyze Employee

Hello, Thanks for sending the GIS shapefiles. I will say that the units of an infoswmm model as defined by the units in the Run Manager. If you want SI units then set the flow units to LPS or CMS - see the image. Your shapefiles did not have a spatial reference so that is why you cannot see the nodes. See my images below about this matter.2016-12-27_2330_002.png

Innovyze Employee

Here is how to fix an unknown spatial coordinate reference in InfoSWMM or InfoSewer:
    1. 1st make the existing spatial reference larger by using the Extend command in InfoSWMM/Change Project/Spatial Reference (the default is 10 percent but you may have to use a much larger number)
    2. Use the appropriate zone as the new Spatial Reference
    3. Update the Map from the DB Table
    4. Google Maps seem to have the right streets
    5. This blog post also has some additional tips
    6. http://blog.innovyze.com/2012/11/02/...nfoswmm-model/
    7. I hope this fixes your issues.
    You should now have the right spatial reference and will not have a problem with missing nodes and links or extra GIS layers.